POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water Tower WIP (3 Attach, 24K, 24K, and 37K) : Water Tower WIP (3 Attach, 24K, 24K, and 37K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:37:12 EDT (-0400)
  Water Tower WIP (3 Attach, 24K, 24K, and 37K)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 26 Jan 2004 08:52:23
Message: <40151b97@news.povray.org>
I mentioned a few weeks back in PB-Off_Topic that I was afraid that my
neighbors might report me to Homeland Security, since I had taken a
sudden interest in my town's water tower.  Well, here are the
preliminaries, just to prove that I have no nefarious intent.

This is my first attempt to model an actual object, and I am amazed at
my own lack of observational skills.  I'm constantly getting up and
running the 3 blocks over to the tower to check on some other detail
I've missed.  That said, a water tower is a wonderful subject for
someone with my limited abilities, since it is all simple CSGs.

Still to come: lots and lots of attachments and details, and a 4" drain
pipe that angles out from the bottom of the tank, and follows one of the
legs to the ground.  Also, of course, textures.

Comments, suggestions?

Dave Matthews

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'watertower01.jpg' (24 KB) Download 'watertower02.jpg' (36 KB) Download 'watertower03.jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'watertower01.jpg'
watertower01.jpg

Preview of image 'watertower02.jpg'
watertower02.jpg